We lead the Institute in information technology by partnering with the campus community to create solutions that address the largest issues facing higher education and drive the strategy of the Institute.
We will enable the technological research university of the 21st century.
Leaders in our profession must exhibit the qualities of courtesy, equality, honesty, integrity, loyalty, and open mindedness. These are the cornerstone of professionalism.
- Courtesy toward everyone, displaying appreciation for each person’s individuality and unique contributions to shared goals.
- Equality goes hand in hand with fairness and respect of diversity, and applies not just to race, gender, and age, but to all interactions with all people.
- Honesty in relationships and with regard to use of resources is essential.
- Integrity means keeping our commitments to our customers and each other.
- Loyalty to the organization, towards coworkers, and towards the Institute, fosters an environment of trust.
- Open-mindedness to new and innovative ideas and a penchant for breaking down barriers between staff areas.
These values provide the foundation upon which we build the future leaders of our profession who take pride in their work and recognize the importance of our mission.