All employees of the Office of Information Technology are committed to using the power of Information Technology:
- To foster and advance the Georgia Tech mission of education, research and public service,
- To constantly improve services to our associates in the Georgia Tech community,
- To empower faculty, staff, researchers, and students to take full advantage of information technology,
- To transform and benefit Georgia Tech administrative processes,
- To celebrate our successes, which is the key to persuading our peers and customers to partner with us in the implementation of emerging technologies, and
- To serve as leaders in our chosen profession, constantly striving for professional development through education, retraining, and the passionate application of skill in the workplace.
Leaders in our profession must exhibit the qualities of courtesy, equality, honesty, integrity, loyalty, and open mindedness. These are the cornerstone of professionalism.
- Courtesy toward everyone, displaying appreciation for each person’s individuality and unique contributions to shared goals.
- Equality goes hand in hand with fairness and respect of diversity, and applies not just to race, gender, and age, but to all interactions with all people.
- Honesty in relationships and with regard to use of resources is essential.
- Integrity means keeping our commitments to our customers and each other.
- Loyalty to the organization, towards coworkers, and towards the Institute, fosters an environment of trust.
- Open-mindedness to new and innovative ideas and a penchant for breaking down barriers between staff areas.
These values provide the foundation upon which we build the future leaders of our profession who take pride in their work and recognize the importance of our mission.