Internet access and support for residential housing on the Georgia Tech campus.
To access the wired network in residence halls, you are required to register your computer or device upon its first connection to the network. You will need the following:
- A computer that meets Student Computer Ownership (SCO) requirements (OR) a device with a wired 10/100/1000-capable network card;
- A CAT5e or CAT6 ethernet cable;
- Once connected, navigate to start.gatech.edu and follow the on-screen instructions to get connected.
Having trouble getting connected? The Wreck Techs have connection guides for most devices available directly on their website.
Network Availability: 24x7
Support Hours: Please visit the Wreck Techs website for current hours of operation.
The following maintenance windows are reserved for installing, repairing and patching various components of the underlying campus network:
- Every Tue, 5:00AM - 7:00AM EST
- Every Thu, 5:00AM - 7:00AM EST
- The third Sat of each month, 6:00AM - 12:00PM EST
For help with network access in residence halls, use the Submit Request button above.