Walk-in general assistance with personal computing devices including Operating System diagnostics and troubleshooting, virus removal and software installations.
In-person support only. Bring your device to Room 215 of the Clough Commons building (second floor, behind Starbucks).
Telephone: Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-5:00PM EST
Walk-in: Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-6:00PM EST
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 only.
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and 10.11 El Capitan
Please keep the following in mind when bringing your device for assistance:
- Bring the battery charger for your device.
- Be sure that you have a current backup of all of your personal documents, images, etc. and bring the data with you.
- For any software you would like installed; Operating Systems, (i.e. Microsoft Windows) or applications (i.e. Microsoft Office) you MUST bring your Installation media (preferably on a flash drive). For Windows 8 and 10, you can download the software from Microsoft's website, provided that you have the correct license for it.
- Be sure to bring the recovery media that you have created based on the instruction that your machine's manufacturer provided. If you have not created this media, or you are not aware of how to do this process, TSC technicians will be more than happy to assist you in this process. Please be aware that this will need to be completed before we can continue with the repair of your machine.
- Your device should be in reasonably good physical condition (please, no broken screens or dismantled parts)
Additional information can be obtained from the OIT Technology Support Center's Web site.