Installation brokerage and support of digital signs and related hardware in buildings across the Georgia Tech campus.
This service is restricted to unit heads, building administrators or their respective departmental IT staff and Georgia Tech Facilities staff.
Note that while maintenance and support of digital signage related software is free of charge, the customer unit is responsible for software license contract maintenance and renewal costs.
Likewise, there is no charge for content development that uses one of the four standard templates available. For customized formats, the Digital Signage team can brokerage development consultations with Georgia Tech’s State Contract digital signage vendor.
Support Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00AM-6:00PM EST
Incident Response Level: 4 hours
Requests for installation of new equipment or moving/upgrading of existing equipment will be coordinated with vendors within 3 business days.
Installation projects will be reviewed by members of the project team for DSS and if approved, will be scheduled in the project queue for each semester.
Why use digital signs?
- Share emergency alerts instantly
- Display unit-specific information to your local audience
- Improve wayfinding
- Modernize your building
If you are considering an investment in digital signs, you will want to maximize its visibility and usefulness. Here are some preliminary suggestions:
- Choose a location that provides high visibility for the traffic pattern
- If interactive, be sure to follow ADA Compliance Guidelines
- Ensure wall mount positioning falls within ADA protrusion limits
- Position the screen such that it creates sun glare
- Be sure positioning doesn’t interfere with emergency egress
- Try not to locate a sign in a spot where distraction could cause accidents (such as at a stairwell)
- Wall-mounted or free-standing kiosk
- Static or interactive
- Horizontal or Vertical
- Based on 46” Standard Size (other screen sizes will affect cost)
- Internet connectivity
- Hanging the sign and player
- Software subscription
- Content refreshment